There's always been a conflict on whether Desktop computers or Notebook computers are better. When choosing to buy a new system, it is really difficult to choose the right type, brand or model. In this
Before researching for a computer system, whether its notebook or desktop, it is important to list down your need and requirements. Certain people just want a computer to surf around the internet as well as do some productivity tasks, however, other people need more power so they can operate some more heavy tasks. It's good to also know that in both
In the current market, there are still a huge variety of desktop computers from low range prices to very expensive prices. There are also different hardware specifications specific for each model. The most important aspect of a desktop computer is
There are the average and tower desktops, Gaming desktops which are also tower desktops and have a very high and expensive hardware specifications, there is also all in one
- Dell Inspiron Desktop: This is a slim and cheap desktop computer tower with minimal hardware specs. It comes with INTELs i3 & i5 processor which makes it great for the average consumer. It can have
- Alienware AREA-51 Desktop: This is probably one of the best gaming desktops in the market in regards to its hardware specifications as well as design. There
- Apples21.5 inchiMAC with Retina Display: This is
One disadvantage that applies to all the types of desktop computers that we discussed is that they are not portable at all. Unlike notebooks and laptops, they can not be carried around from one place to the other, unless a viable form of transport is available. However, desktop computers are still used in offices, therefore they are still favourable to
Notebooks & Laptops
Laptops and notebooks have become very popular in
- HP 250 G4 Notebook: This is probably one of the cheapest notebook computers out there. It comes with very minimal specifications. It has a low processor, decent storage and a small screen. It is great for someone who enjoys surfing the internet as well as some productivity activities. This notebook is not good for running many apps at once and also not good for photo and video editing.
- Asus ROG G752: This notebook is perfect for gaming and running heavy applications. For those who enjoy photo and video editing as well as developing apps and websites, this is the perfect notebook. It has a really good processor as well as customisable storage for up to 1TB. This notebook is mostly on the expensive side, but it is great for those who like a powerful notebook that is portable.
- Macbook Pro with Retina Display (2016): A little bit on the expensive side, but this notebook is great for those who like editing photos, developing websites as well as productivity activities. It is built on
The downside of buying a notebook is that you can not customise it too much with better hardware components. The positive side of it is that they all include a battery which means that users don't need to use a power source for many hours.
At the end of the day, it is up to the consumer to figure out what they need or require. For some it's about the price and portability and for others it's about performance or portability. In our opinion notebook computers are more feasible when it comes to price, portability, performance (in some aspects) and popularity.
So there you have it, our article on notebook and desktop computers. We hope that we have assisted you in choosing the right type of computer system. And remember, at Electroclinic we offer a variety of hardware components for your laptops or desktops as well services if in need for repair or upgrade. For more information in regards to our services and products, you can call us on 02073512801 or email us